- Set aside time for yourself.
- Do something you enjoy.
- Find a new hobby and develop new interests.
- Exercise: walk, jog, swim, cycle, etc.
- Get enough sleep.
- Work out your anger.
- Talk out your worries.
- Manage time wisely.
- Eat right.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, & other drugs.
- Commit yourself to a reduced-stress lifestyle.
- Utilize an advanced relaxation method such as:
- Erase any stressful thoughts from your mind.
- Relax your arms and shoulders.
- Take a deep breath. Let your abdomen – and then your chest – fill with air.
- Exhale slowly. Repeat the process until your breathing is regular and steady. Let your mind concentrate on each breath.
- Find a quiet place where you can sit for 20 minutes without being disturbed.
- Sit down, and close your eyes.
- Choose a word or sound and say it over and over for 10 minutes.
- Be quiet and listen to the word or sound as you repeat it.
- If other thoughts enter your mind, making it hard to relax, don’t worry – just allow the thoughts to pass.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath, then slowly exhale.
- Imagine yourself in an ideal place – a sunny tropical beach, a clear mountain top, or a beautiful forest.
- Use all your senses – smell, touch, hearing, taste – to create your favorite scene.